Textile Samples

All of Jennifer Mackey's textile design processes are directed from a printmaking background. Printmaking has an attitude towards negative space and texture that she translates onto fabric. Her work in weaving and spinning are also an influence in how to handle the fabrics she choses to work with.

Jennifer works with environmentally sensitive inks for all her printmaking. She is careful with toxic dyeing products, and uses household products and organic alternatives when possible.

80% of the time Jennifer works with natural fibers; for the remaining 20% she uses new fabrics that are just hitting the market that are often a poly blend. Jennifer adores silk more than anything, and her silk textiles and scarves have been a best seller for the past 22 years. For larger projects, custom inks are created from a large facility which allows her colors to stay constant in large production work.